My love of traveling began as a tempestuous teen, concocting plans of rebellion with my-then boyfriend, James, atop the steps of my family’s lily-white California house. James asked me what I wanted to do that day, and without any forethought, I said, “Go see the leaves change color in DC.” He replied, “ Let’s do it,” and with those three simple words, we were off!
We made it as far east as Chicago and when I eventually returned home I was, predictably, ground for a very, very long time.
Today, I am a 36-year-old Army veteran. I deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, and still have a deep love for adventure and a fearlessness of failure.
I currently travel with my girlfriend and, if possible, our two brave pit bulls and one-eyed cat. Every day is an adventure waiting to happen, and who knows what the world has in store for our little gang of misfits.
Random Interesting Facts
- Can pack a trunk like the greatest Jenga player in the universe
- 5′ 3/4″ tall (only shorties count in quarters)
- Has lived for years and years and years in many different tents on many different continents
- Speaks rusty Pashto
- Loses every time at Bananagrams
- Fought in two different war zones
- Knows a lot about the solar industry
- Chased off a would-be attacker at 15 years old with a police baton
- Favorite food is my Dad’s biscuits & gravy
- Received an honorable discharge from the U.S. Army after 9 years of service
- Read “Gone With the Wind” in one sitting
- Ran through a poppy field wearing 70 lbs. of gear
- I hate ALL things sticky