My love of traveling began as a tempestuous teen, concocting plans of rebellion with my-then boyfriend, James, atop the steps of my family’s lily-white California house. James asked me what I wanted to do that day, and without any forethought, I said, “Go see the leaves change color in DC.” He replied, “ Let’s do it” and with those three simple words, we were off!
We never made it to DC, but instead Chicago. At the time, any place was a welcome change to a 15-year-old girl with wanderlust in her heart.
Today, I am a 34-year-old Army veteran. I deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, and still have a deep love for adventure and a fearlessness of failure.
I currently travel with my girlfriend, our two brave pit bulls, and a one-eyed cat. Every day is an adventure waiting to happen, and who knows what the road has in store for our little gang of misfits.
Random Interesting Facts
- Can pack a truck like the greatest Jenga player in the universe
- 5 feet tall 1 3/4 inch (That 1 3/4 inch is very important)
- Currently living in a tent in my father’s backyard
- Speaks rusty Pashto
- Loses every time at Banagrams
- Fought in two different war zones
- Looks quite stunning in purple
- Chased off a would-be attacker at 15 years old with a police baton
- Favorite food is my Dad’s biscuits & gravy
- Received an honorable discharge from the U.S. Army after 9 years of service
- Read “Gone With the Wind” in one sitting
- Ran through a poppy field wearing 70 lbs. of gear
- I hate ALL things sticky